The name in Latin: Origanum vulgare.
Title in English: Oregano, Wild Marjoram.
Family: Labiatae — Lamiaceae (Labiatae).
Common name: amulet, brass color pchelolyub, matserdushka, zenovka.
Pharmaceutical Name: marjoram (oregano) — Origani herba (Herba Origani).
Portions of this herb are used: the whole herb without roots. And in the selected materials oregano, must not be present coarse stems, with few active ingredients.
Description: marjoram (oregano) Common — a perennial herb, 40 — 50 cm tall, branched at the top reddish stem. Oregano (Oregano) — a glandular-pubescent plant.
The leaves marjoram (oregano) are different in size (smaller on top), sometimes ovate elliptical, the edges are smooth for the most part. At the tips of the shoots of oregano (Oregano) — a set of red beams are sometimes pink flowers the size of about 5 mm. Rubbed marjoram flowers with your fingers, feel the smell, resembling the smell of thyme.
Habitat: origanum (oregano) is found in Europe, the Mediterranean, also grows everywhere in Ukraine, Russia (except the far north) in the meadows, scrublands, open grassy areas on the hillsides.
Collection, preparation: collect oregano (oregano), it is necessary at the time of its flowering. It should take only its upper part. Dry oregano (oregano) should be common in the air and always in the shade. The drying temperature to 35 ° C, so that the essential oil is not evaporated.
The active ingredients of oregano (oregano): essential oil, bitterness and tannins.
Oregano (Oregano) — the healing properties of marjoram (oregano).
The herb (oregano) oregano is useful properties of oregano (oregano) for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Disinfection of the digestive tract occurs, stimulation of gastric juice tannins marjoram (oregano) act enshrining, is used as a tea.
• Recipe of therapeutic herbal tea (oregano), Oregano, one heaped tablespoon of marjoram pour 250 ml boiling water, and after 10 minutes, filter. Tea employ the both inside and gargle and mouth, cough tea made from oregano (Oregano), sweetened with honey and drink warm for not a lot, small sips.
Marjoram (oregano) in folk medicine, the useful properties of oregano (oregano).
Used for stomach, intestines, gall bladder and liver cases in which traditional medicine advises uses Oregano, and if something is not in the stomach so that it rumbling, drink a cup of tea with marjoram, sometimes admixed to the milfoil. When you cough, asthma, whooping cough and chronic bronchitis are treated, too, this tea with oregano, sweetened with honey, with a decoction of herbs make an ordinary bath with oregano,
• Recipe for therapeutic baths with oregano 100 grams of Oregano pour a liter of water, bring to a boil and insist 10-15 minutes and then strain, add the broth in a bathtub filled with water.
Marjoram (oregano) is good as a seasoning to food
Oregano (Oregano) is often described as a spice, like oregano, but more strongly. It is very suitable for Italian cuisine. For example, spaghetti with meat sauce, tomato sauce, oregano, even gives a special color. Well, a pizza without oregano — it's not pizza, after all this spice, created for her. You can try to add oregano to fried potatoes, fried meat with greens. Together with basil, thyme and rosemary, it will replace the salt in the diet of many dishes.
Side effects not only by avoiding overdose, do not use gestation.
The composition of marjoram (oregano)
In 100 g of leaves of oregano (oregano) contains:
• Water — 9.91 g
• Protein — 9 grams
• Fats — 4.31 g
• Carbohydrates — 16.42 g
• dietary fiber (cellulose) — 42.55 g
• Ash — 7.93 g
Vitamins in oregano (oregano)
• Vitamin A (beta carotene) — 1,1 mg
• Vitamin B1 (thiamine) — 0.183 mg
• Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) — 0.533 mg
• Niacin (vitamin B3, vitamin PP) — 4,644 mg
• Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) — 0.921 mg
• Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) — 0.9904 mg
• Folic acid (vitamin B9) — 237,5 mcg
• Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) — 11.71 mg
• Vitamin E (tocopherol) — 18.264 mg
• Vitamin K (phylloquinone) — 621.7 micrograms
• Choline (vitamin B4) — 32.31 mg
Nutrients in the oregano (oregano)
• Potassium — 1260 mg
• Calcium — 1597 mg
• Magnesium — 270,2 mg
• Sodium — 25,3 mg
• Phosphorus — 148 mg
Trace elements in oregano (oregano)
• Iron — 36.8 mg
• Manganese — 5 mg
• Copper — 0.636 mg
• Selenium — 4.51 mg
• Zinc — 2.69 mg
Calories marjoram (oregano)
100 g of marjoram (oregano) contains about 265 calories.